As all we know, Windows has been added a built-in backup and restore utility since Windows Vista. However, it has several limitations. Is there a perfect way can back up both the system drive and the system reserved drive? You can try third party free backup and recovery software AOMEI Backupper. Today I have to introduce you to a best free backup software AOMEI Backupper. AOMEI Backupper can help you to create a system image, create an image of the entire disk, or create scheduled file backup in Incremental and Differential types. AOMEI Backupper is a best free backup software that can help you create a system image easily! AOMEI Backupper supports all Windows versions including Windows 7/8/10/8.1/XP/Vista.
Now AOMEI Backupper 4.0.4 has released! What’s new in Version 4.0.4?
- when backing up/syncing data to network mapped drives, it requires to enter username and password repeatedly.
- if the bootstrap of the dynamic system volume has not been backed up, it will not be bootable when restored to other disks.
- It will not be bootable when restored to other disks if there is an error when changing the boot files of dynamic system volumes.
- in the cases of mounting image files in Windows XP/2003, it shows the partition is unformatted when accessing the partitions.
- Optimized event-triggered backup of user log out and user log in.
- The task of long path in file backup, file sync and file restore and avoid failure of these tasks are also optimized.
- Even failed to connect to network share/NAS, image files stored on it can still be viewed and edited.
How to create a Windows 7 system image to USB drive with AOMEI Backupper?
Step 1, download Install and run AOMEI Backupper. Click “Backup” and then “System Backup”.
Step 2, as you can see that the system drive C and the hidden EFI partition are selected by default. Now click the box next to “Step2” to select USB drive as the destination path.
Step 3, you can set password encryption in Backup Options; set backup mode (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Event trigger) and backup type (Full, Incremental, Differential) in Schedule; and set auto-delete old backup scheme in Scheme. Then click Start Backup.
In addition, you can also create a system image by using Windows 7 utility, As shown in the figure below, connect the external device if you want to store the backup image outside first, then access to Windows 7 Backup and Restore “Create a system image” via Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore > Create a system image on the left pane.
AOMEI Backupper also supports multiple backup types, such as schedule backup which allows you to back up your system automatically, incremental & differential backups are able to take less disk space and save much time, backup to NAS device or share folder, backup GPT disk partition, backup dynamic volumes, etc. If your system suffers a lot from data loss, you can also use AOMEI Backupper to avoid data loss or recover crashed system before computer breaking down.