As Microsoft stepping ahead in the development tools field, developers are also getting new things for their hands on. First Community Technology Preview next version of Visual Studio has been released under the code name of Visual Studio “14”. Visual Studio “14” features new things like “Roslyn”, ASP.NET vNext and Apache Cordova tooling.
Download links for the Visual Studio “14” CTP 2 are available as web and iso files. After announcement of ASP.NET vNext and other feaures it’s the first release of Visual Studio which includes support for creating and debugging ASP.NET vNext applications. Now building cloud based apps will be easier and much more interesting.
Changes so added to this release are:
- Save and Apply Custom IDE Layouts: No its simple to save, apply or even delete layouts for tool windows in the IDE. Option to do so can be found under the Windows Menu where you can easily rename or reorder the layout.
- Light Bulb Editor Adornment: Resolving an issue or problem in IDE is made so easy with this feature. Now you can hover over an issue in order to see the lists of actions to choose as solution or see preview of such solutions.
- Editor Touch Support: Support for touch gestures for scrolling, pinch-to-zoom, tap-and-hold for context menus, double-tap for word selection and line selection by tapping in the margin has been added.
- VC++ Property Pages and Editor Enhancements
- ALL CAPS: Menu Bar styling of VS “14” CTP 2 has been changed to Title Case for everyone.
Visual Studio 14 CTP 2 released with version 14.0.21901.1.DP. Download the Visual Studio 14 CTP 2 from following links:
Visual Studio 14 web | Visual Studio iso | Remote Tools (x86) | Remote Tools (x64) |Remote Tools (arm) | Visual Studio SDK(exe) | File Checksum Integrity Checker Verifier | ISO SHA1: 49B068267F0EA532028B9644797789757B53EC29
Visual Studio CTP 1 links are:
Visual Studio 14 web | Visual Studio iso | Remote Tools (x86) | Remote Tools (x64) |Remote Tools (arm) | Visual Studio SDK(exe) | File Checksum Integrity Checker Verifier | ISO SHA1: 3A02CD387314E8F8E56CEB20048E89A97FA9EC25
Note: This CTP is intended only for testing, trial and feedback purpose only. There are some issues while installing Visual Studio 14 and previous version of it side by side. So it’s recommended to uninstall any previous versions of Visual Studio first and then to install this CTP.