Mango is already RTM so in order to pave the way for this Windows Phone Update, Zune 4.8 ( next version of Zune Software) is released. This new update will be very helpful to current Windows Phone users and even Mango users too.
For updating your Windows Phone you need Zune which may be on desktop or on your device. By this update you’ll have faster Windows Phone updates. With lots of latest features introduced, several fixes are also made as well:
- Progressive updates: In Zune 4.8, you only have to click the update button once for multiple updates. Once an update is finished, the software automatically checks for more and repeats the installation process until your phone is completely up to date.
- Streamlined backup: By synching media separately from other phone content, we’ve lowered the overall time it takes to back up your phone. The backup file is also more compact, so it should take up less space on your computer.
- Skip phone backup: If you don’t have enough room on your computer to store a phone backup file, you’ll now have the option to skip this step so you’re not blocked from updating your phone.
Some Tweaks and fixes are:
- 48-hour movie rentals
- Parental Controls now support M-rated (Mature) content
- Option to hide purchase confirmation dialog for faster app checkout
- See what apps are compatible with the Windows Phone you own
Mango support for languages and locations is increasing day by day and even in this Zune version support for 22 display languages including Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (traditional and simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (US and UK), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish. And also countries or regions supported are: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and the United States.
Enjoy this new release and soon more improvements are coming next.
Download Zune 4.8 from here.
Current user of Zune can update their software, navigate to Settings > Software > General, and then click Check For Updates. And it’s Done!