Till now Windows 8 Release Preview is already downloaded by most of the users all over the world and is on your system so its time to know how to install Windows 8 from the ISO image you downloaded. There are some points which are necessary to keep in mind before starting the installation as:
- Windows 8 Release Preview can’t be uninstalled.
- Restore or installation media is needed to reinstall your previous operating system.
Points to think when installing Windows Release Preview is which on which operating system you are installing this.
For Windows 8 Release Preview in Upgrade mode, check what you can keep (depending on your current Operating System):
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview: Nothing (your files will be saved in the Windows.old folder)
- Windows Developer Preview: Nothing (your files will be saved in the Windows.old folder)
- Windows 7: Programs | Windows settings | User accounts and files
- Windows Vista: Windows settings | User accounts and files
- Windows XP: User accounts and files
Note: Full set of installation options will be available only when setup is launched in Windows. A clean install is supported on all builds.
- You can directly run the Windows 8 Release Preview Setup Program from your PC where you want to install the preview. Setup will check it sown whether your PC is running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows and then provides you with the correct download. Or
- Use Windows 8 Release Preview Setup program and then use the built-in tools for converting ISO image into installation media like DVD or USB bootable flash drive. It’ll work provided that you are running the setup from Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Developer Preview, or Windows Consumer Preview. Now you can use this installable media to install the preview to another partition, virtual machine, or for another PC.
- You also have choice downloading the ISO images as per your requirement and the use that to create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive to install Windows 8 Release Preview.