Flash Facebook Cookbook by James Ford : Over 60 recipes for integrating Flash applications with the Graph API and Facebook.
Book Description – Introduction:
Flash Facebook Cookbook as named gives a hint of some collection of recipes to create or develop flash and AIR(Adobe Integrated Runtime) applications. And due to the popularity of Facebook and even developers are eager to develop apps for it, this book present lots of self-contained recipes that demonstrate some of what you can do with Flash and Facebook combined.
To start your own app development from this book its important that you must have little basic knowledge of Flash Builder IDE and the Flex framework. For all the developers who want to start building Flash Facebook apps quickly and effectively then here is your stop as this is the book for you.
The day you start this book and as you go on automatically a different confidence starts developing in you because you got success in the app developement which you are going to build. You’ll learn lots of tips & tricks too with this book which will help you in the progress & enhancement of your application’s development. As we all know facebook is the one whose graph of usage, popularity is going like rocket to the upper limits of sky so this book helps you out get your success to that level with the applications you will develop for facebook using this book.
- Getting Started with Flash and Facebook
- Authenticating with Facebook
- Working with Facebook Permissions
- Reading and Writing Data with the Graph API
- Loading Data with FQL
- Facebook News Feeds and Status Updates
- Comments and “Like this”
- Working with Photos, Albums, and Tags
- Working with Groups and Events
- Checkins with Facebook Places
- Bridging the Flash and Application Gap
Readability: Step by step covering of all topics with lots of examples in easy to learn language. Starting from basic concept of Facebook authentication, its API, FQL, how to integrate new features like Checkins up to advance concept of app development.
Requirement before you start developing apps – Software:
- Adobe Flash Builder 4 (or greater), with the Flex 4 SDK and AIR libraries
- A web browser (obviously)
- Additional hardware/software:
- (Access to) an HTTP web server, either online or local
About the Author:
James Ford a programmer guy from Midlands of England whose first serious interaction with a programming language was in Macromedia Flash 8. He owns a website (http://www.psyked.co.uk/) where he blogs all about his development of loads of websites, Facebook-integrated Flash Player apps, AIR apps, apps for iOS & Android devices. This is his first book for Flash Platform developers.
- Paperback: 388 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 25, 2011)
- Language: EnglishISBN-10: 1849690723
- ISBN-13: 978-1849690720
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.5 x 0.9 inches
Buy ebook from Packt Publishing. Check out Sample Chapter.