As we all know that Windows Phone 7.5 update (aka Mango) started rolling out today, so keep an eye on your phone for a notification of update and then update to Mango.
Preparing your phone for Mango Update:
- Install the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac. You’ll need this software to download the phone update.
- If your battery level is low, give your phone a quick charge before starting the update.
- Make some room on your phone for the update. If necessary, remove a few unwanted apps or other large items.
- Free up space on your computer. We’ll need some room to save a backup of your existing phone software.
- Make sure your computer has a reliable Internet connection. In some cases, you might need to switch from a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection to a wired (Ethernet) connection. Or you might need to adjust your computer’s firewall or proxy settings.
- Verify that your phone is set to the correct date and time. That’ll help us determine which updates you need.
Installing the Update:
- When an update is available, we’ll notify you on your phone. After you see the notification, pick a convenient time to install it. The process can take an hour or more.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable that came with your phone. Follow the below screenshots with instructions that appear in the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac.
Updating your Windows Phone through Zune is very easy and is a few steps task. Simply follow the steps:
1. Connect your Windows Phone to your PC. Zune will auto detect your Phone and will open itself with Phone as connected device to it.
2. Now click on Settings (See top-right corner).
3. On the left sidebar there is an option Update, click on it and it will check for updates.
If there any update available it will ask for updating and you’re done.