We already know that Windows 8 is available for download for both 32 & 64 bit with direct ISO images officially. Now lets see what is the system requirements needed for installation of Windows 8.
Well talking with comparison to earlier Windows Operating System Windows 7 & Vista, this version in the series will need the same hardware for its proper working. Windows 8 System requirements:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
So Windows 7 & Windows Vista users can easily use Windows 8 on the same system to run this version of OS.
Check Complete Windows 8 similar articles.