Windows 8.1 Preview is publicly released as a free update by Microsoft today at Build Conference which is going on at San Francisco. This update is first major update to Windows 8 after its release.
Windows 8.1 Preview is having the same build number as of Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview yesterday. So grab the download links from below and download it. No improvements are needed in hardware as system requirements for it are same as that of Windows 8 & Windows 7.
Direct download links of Windows 8.1 Preview (direct download links of Windows 8.1 ISO) :
- Windows 8.1 Preview (x64) – DVD (English) – 3.49GB
- Windows 8.1 Preview (x86) – DVD (English) – 2.59GB
How to download Windows 8.1 Preview:
- Tap or click Get the update, and then follow the instructions.
- Restart your PC when prompted, and then tap or click the message that appears to get the update from the Windows Store.
- In the Store, follow the instructions to download and complete the installation.
Note: Windows 8.1 Preview will expire on January 15, 2014. | This is pre-release version of the Windows 8.1 and should not be used in a production environment or on a main machine in the home. The release is intended for developers, IT professionals and technology experts to continue or begin their testing of Windows 8.1.
Product Key for Windows 8.1 :