After releasing Windows 8.1 Preview Microsoft made available Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview for customers to start testing the operating system in their environments. Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview is built on Windows 8.1 Preview which is already available for download as a free update or via direct ISOs. Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview adds lots of new features over Windows 8.1 Preview in a few areas like mobility, security, management, and virtualization. All these added features help an IT Pro to customize and test on their enterprise environments. IT Pro can use VPN services for Windows to add an extra layer of security during the deployment of IT services.
System requirements for Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview are same as that of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Preview. So there is no need to upgrade your existing hardware for testing this edition.
Premium features so added in Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview:
- Windows To Go Creator: IT organizations can create a fully manageable corporate Windows 8.1 desktop on a bootable external USB drive. The drive can be used to support Bring Your Own Device scenarios or be given to contingent staff to access the corporate environment without compromising security.
- Start Screen Control: IT departments can now control the layout of the Start screen on company-issued devices to ensure key apps are easily accessible. IT departments can also prevent users from customizing their Start screen to ensure consistency across individual workgroups or the entire company.
- DirectAccess: Users can seamlessly access resources inside a corporate network remotely without having to launch a separate VPN. Also, IT administrators can keep remote users’ PCs up-to-date by applying the latest policies and software updates.
- BranchCache: Employees in branch offices no longer need to download content multiple times across their Wide Area Network (WAN) as BranchCache caches files, websites and other content from central servers locally on hosted cache servers or PCs.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI): Users will enjoy a rich desktop experience and the ability to play 3D graphics, use USB peripherals and use touch-enabled devices across any type of network (LAN or WAN) for VDI scenarios, thanks to enhancements in Microsoft RemoteFX and Windows Server 2012.
- AppLocker: IT organizations can create a more secure environment by restricting the files and apps that users or groups can run on a PC, increasing the security of the device and the data it holds.
- Windows Enterprise Side-Loading: Internal Windows apps can be side-loaded on domain-joined PCs and tablets running Windows 8.1 Enterprise.
Windows 8.1 Enterprise Preview Product Key: