Windows Phone app for was released as a preview in October but now it has been released with lots of new enhanced features and improvements. Windows Phone app helps you to sync music, photos, and other media between your phone and Windows PC. Windows Phone app is available for free download for desktop, Windows 8 and Mac.
Some handy features which got included in this release are:
- Expanded podcast support. Support for iTunes podcasts has been a useful feature in the preview versions of the app, but many people get their podcasts from other sources. Now, as long as your podcasts are saved in a folder, you can automatically sync them to your phone.
- Simplified updates. Previous versions of the app required you to install updates from windowsphone.com. Now the app tells you when improvements are available, so you install them with a click.
- Flexible library selection. To provide more flexibility, the app can now sync files from any library or folder on your computer, even if they’re on an external hard drive.
- Many bug fixes. We’ve rolled up your feedback on the preview versions and made fixes to improve performance.
This app is able to do:
- Sync music, photos, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
- Automatically import pictures and videos you’ve taken with your phone to your PC.
- See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
- Get your playlists on your phone.
- Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.
Note: The Windows Phone app for desktop won’t work on Windows RT.