WebMatrix is a free developer tool which let you Create, customize and publish websites for free. WebMatrix a free development tool from Microsoft which includes everything needed for website development. It doesn’t matter on which platform you work on, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, DotNetNuke, Orchard, Razor, BlogEngine.net, Umbraco etc. WebMatrix alone is enough for all. Its just an intro to WebMatrix but its not only it can do, you can easily generate site analysis report of your website in seconds. Site analysis reports via WebMatrix will help in optimizing websites for search engines, willimprove performance of your site, will generate SEO report of website and much more.
Here is step-by-step procedure of doing such site analysis report of website:
Simply click on Reports in the workspace selector of WebMatrix.
Now click on Create a report for the site.
Name to this New Report so that you can save it or export it for for further use.
Report so generated shows you all the issues with your websites with severity and action to perform.
Further more report options are there which can be used for more details.
These options includes:
- New: Creates a new report, letting you customize the name and options before the report runs.
- Re-run: Creates a new report based on an existing report.
- Delete: Removes an existing report. Export: Saves the results of an existing report to a comma-delimited text file.
- Performance: Filters to show only performance-related violations and the load time for all the site’s pages.
- SEO: Filters to show only search engine optimization (SEO) violations.
- All: Displays all violations.
- URL: Groups the violations in the view by the page (URL) where they were found.
- Issue Type: Groups the violations in the view by the name of the issue.
To generate report of a Live site, Click New from the ribbon UI. A dialog box comes named New Report, enter a name and the URL of the site to analyze, and then click OK. You’ll have site analysis report of your Live site.
Try it yourself, use following links for more help:
Install WebMatrix | Make your site SEO friendly