Location services are always kept on in order to get your live location for GPS and some applications. Many applications like Here Maps, FourSquare, Facebook, Twitter and more use Location services in order to give you result based on your current location.
If the Location Services are on you can see a Icon which shows that your location is being used some application of your Windows Phone. This location service is very helpful in case you lost your phone or in order to serve more relevant experiences on your device by some location based applications. But this service uses your data connection of your mobile network or wi-fi connection.
In case you want to turn ON/Off the location services simply follow the steps:
1. Go to your App List (Swipe left from you Start Screen).
2. Tap Settings from the list.
3. Tap on location from the upcoming screen.
4. Now swipe this Icon (Toggle Icon) to left to turn off the services.
5. As you swipe it to left, location services will be turned off and no apps will be using your current location.
Stay Tuned for more tips and tricks. 🙂