Microsoft Security Essentials is free antivirus from Microsoft for all the genuine Windows users. Microsoft released the final version of MSE 4.1 by updating it to 4.1.0522.0.
Microsoft Security Essentials is an anti-annoying, anti-expensive, anti-virus program which is designed simple to install and use. MSE provides real-time protection for its home as well as small business users.
System requirements for running Microsoft Security Essentials:
- Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3); Windows Vista (Service Pack 1, or Service Pack 2); Windows 7
- For Windows XP, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 500 MHz or higher, and 256 MB RAM or higher.
- For Windows Vista and Windows 7, a PC with a CPU clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher, and 1 GB RAM or higher.
- VGA display of 800 × 600 or higher. 200 MB of available hard disk space.
- An Internet connection is required for installation and to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Internet Browser: Windows Internet Explorer 6.0 or later; Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later.
Note: You must run genuine Windows to install Microsoft Security Essentials.
With inbuilt Windows Firewall, Dynamic signature service, Rootkit protection & Protection against real threats, not good software, MSE is the best option to choose for genuine Windows users.