Users of Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 are facing issues while updating their Operating System, frequent system crash and computer cannot complete the installation process. For solving this problem Microsoft has released on KB2919442 update package. This update solves two important issues so present in Windows 8.1, Windows RT and Windows Server 2012 R2.
And most importantly KB2919442 is an pre-requisite update to be installed first in order to receive Update 1 for Windows 8.1 via Windows Update.
Issue 1: Consider the following scenario:
- More than one update is downloaded to a computer, and the installation process is started.
- The updates are installed, and the computer waits to be restarted in order to complete the installation process.
- The computer shuts down unexpectedly for some reason. For example, the computer crashes.
In this situation, the computer cannot complete the installation process for all the updates by restarting one time. Instead, each update requires a separate restart of the computer in order to complete the installation process.
- During the installation of updates, the computer crashes because too many processes use the binary service.
Update can be get either via Windows Update or can be downloaded offline from here:
Download KB2919442 for all supported x86-based versions of Windows 8.1 | Download KB2919442 for all supported x64-based versions of Windows 8.1 | Download KB2919442 for all supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2012 R2
Update KB2919442 applies to:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows RT 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard