Toast Notification in Windows 8/8.1 was quite good and impressive and it used to appear on Top-Right of your desktop. But in Windows 10 for a change Microsoft changed the place of Toast Notification. Toast Notifications appears when one plugs any Removable disk or any other USB device or when new mail comes or for alarms or calendar notifications, etc.
All such notification are coming on Bottom-Right of the screen in Windows 10 and Microsoft has not given any directly accessible option to change the location of Notification from bottom to top. So here is a simple Registry Trick which helps you to toggle Toast Notification location from bottom to top and vice-versa.
Steps to follow:
1. Press Win + R together to open Run dialog box or click on Run from Right Click context Menu of Start Button.
2. Type regedit.exe and press enter.
3. Navigate to “HEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer”
4. Look for “DisplayToastAtBottom“, a DWORD (32-bit) value. It’s Default value is 1 and that’s why Toast Notifications are coming on Bottom-Right of screen.
5. Toggle its value for switching the Toast Notification location on screen from bottom-right to top-right and vice-versa.
1 – [Default Value] ; Shows Toast Notification on Bottom-Right of screen.
0 – Shows Toast Notification on Top-Right of screen.
6. Log off our system and Login again to see the changes in effect.
Stay tuned for more tips and tricks of Windows 10.