Visual Studio 11 beta and .NET framework 4.5 beta are now launched with lots of new enhanced and improved features. This time Microsoft is getting Metro UI in developing tools too. And you’ll see a simple and effective Metro UI in the Visual Studio 11 beta. You can have your hands on after downloading the tools from direct download links given here and also Windows 8 Consumer Preivew download links are ready.
Features so added in the Visual Studio 11 is such which will let the developers concentrate more on developing the product rather than orienting themselves to the project and the tool they are working with. With fewer distractions and easier access to the tools they need Visual Studio 11 will bring a new simplified and improved user interface. Improvements goes like:
- Reduced toolbar commands. To help free up precious workspace, Microsoft has reduced the number of default commands that show on toolbars in the user interface. These commands can still be accessed through the drop-down menus or added back onto the toolbar if the user wants them, but now the default work area is significantly larger. For example, the cut, copy and paste toolbar commands were removed because research has shown that most developers use the keyboard shortcuts instead.
- Simplified graphics. “Visual Studio 11” eliminates the use of color within tools except in cases where color is used for notification or status change purposes. Now, the user interface competes far less with the developer’s content. Other user interface graphics, such as line work and iconography, also have been simplified to be less distracting.
- Comprehensive search. “Visual Studio 11” features a comprehensive search capability, allowing developers to quickly find what they are looking for within commands and configuration options, tool windows, and open files.
- Workflow hubs. New workflow hubs combine common tasks into one simplified window. Rather than force developers to interact with two or more tool windows to get tasks done, ”Visual Studio 11” streamlines common tasks so that many can be accomplished from within a single window. Preview Tabs. Developers can view the contents of documents using new
- Preview Tabs, which get reused as the developer works. As a result, developers no longer end up with large numbers of extraneous documents open as a byproduct of common tasks such as debugging or browsing results.
Download links for Visual Studio 11 beta:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Portuguese language pack (first install any one of the above language)
Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Beta: Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Beta is the comprehensive ALM offering for organizations developing and operating highly scalable software applications and services.
Visual Studio 11 Premium Beta: Visual Studio 11 Premium Beta offers an integrated ALM solution to bring together stakeholders, users, and software development functions to deliver compelling applications as a unified team.
Visual Studio 11 Professional Beta: Visual Studio 11 Professional Beta is a unified development experience that enables developers to create multi-tier applications across the web, cloud, and devices.
Visual Studio 11 Test Professional Beta: Visual Studio 11 Test Professional Beta is ideal for testers, business analysts, product managers, and other stakeholders who need team collaboration tools, but not a full development IDE.
Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for Windows 8: Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for Windows 8 provides the core tools that are required to build compelling, innovative Windows Metro style apps.
You’ll also like Windows 8 Consumer Preview Direct download links for the ISO images.