Microsoft made available Windows 8 RTM for MSDN/TechNet subscribers recently and in parallel a 90-day trial of Windows 8 RTM Enterprise is ready for download. End users who wants to have taste of Windows 8 can download a 90-day evaluation of Windows 8 RTM Enterprise can download it for free.
Windows 8 RTM timeline is as below which will be made available through various developer channels and then it’s General Availability will be on October 26.
- August 15th: Developers will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via your MSDN subscriptions.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through your TechNet subscriptions.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.