Google Chrome released a new stable release version 48 and updated it to new version 48.0.2564.82 and is available for download as offline standalone installer as well web installer. In This build several security related issues with few bug are fixed and improvements in performance is done.
Features so improved:
- New apps/extension APIs added
- Stability and performance improved
- 37 security fixes
Fixes in this update of Google Chrome (CVE – Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures):
- High CVE-2016-1612: Bad cast in V8.
- High CVE-2016-1613: Use-after-free in PDFium.
- Medium CVE-2016-1614: Information leak in Blink.
- Medium CVE-2016-1615: Origin confusion in Omnibox.
- Medium CVE-2016-1616: URL Spoofing.
- Medium CVE-2016-1617: History sniffing with HSTS and CSP.
- Medium CVE-2016-1618: Weak random number generator in Blink.
- Medium CVE-2016-1619: Out-of-bounds read in PDFium.
Try his: Several features in Google Chrome are needed to be enabled as are not on by default, you can check some of the Tips and Tricks which can be applied on Google Chrome and use the best out of it. Locked features like Multiple Profiles, Experimental Page, Side Tabs, Print Preview, Instant Search, Compact Navigation and others can be managed with about:flags help.
Download: Web Installer | Offline Standalone Installer | MSI Installer | 64-bit Google Chrome